What Can I Do to Keep My Bathroom Sink from Clogging?
Knowing what causes your bathroom sink to clog in the first place is the key to winning the battle. Once you know the common causes, you can take precautionary methods to keep your drains clear. In doing so, you’ll save yourself hundreds of dollars, if not more, in plumbing repairs. You’ll also enjoy free-flowing drains and a longer lifespan for your fixtures.
Your bathroom is one of the most-used rooms in the entire house. As such, you’ll find the drain routinely clogs because of toothpaste, hair, and soap scum. Sometimes, you just need to schedule professional drain cleaning. The long-lasting results are worth every penny.
Bathroom Sink Maintenance
The key to preventing a bathroom sink clog is regular maintenance. Your plumbing system, like your car, is a hard-working machine. It is a complex system of pipes, connections, and fixtures that work in tandem to supply water and remove waste. When one portion of the system is flawed, it can affect many aspects of the whole. Your sink is one small portion of your plumbing system, but ignoring its maintenance needs can mean costly repairs and long-term plumbing issues.
- DIY – The DIY plumbing method receives a lot of flak. Most often, it’s best to hire a professional plumber for anything related to drain cleaning. But, on rare occasions, DIY methods can suffice. If you pour a tablespoon of salt mixed with ¼ cup of plain vinegar down the drain, then run hot water to clear the loosened debris, you’ll find your drain works well.
- Hot Water – While perhaps obvious to some, putting hot water down the drain once per week is a smart way to remove debris and minor blockages. In the bathroom, we don’t typically use scalding hot water to wash our hands or faces. But once per week, consider running the hottest water you can down the drain.
- Cold Water – When using cold water, do so wisely. With cold water, buildup tends to solidify and stick even worse. As such, the ideal water temperature is warm to hot. Only use cold water when absolutely necessary.
Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning
Yes, DIY drain cleaning can suffice for minor problems, as we previously mentioned. However, for the best results, always consider professional drain cleaning. The benefits you receive will speak for themselves.
- Reduced Clogs – It takes time to properly clean a drain to prevent future clogs. A professional plumber has the tools and training to get the job done right and in a timely manner.
- Limit Odors – A clogged drain will produce some foul odors in time. To reduce such odors and live comfortably, professional plumbing services are the answer.
- Future Expenses – By investing in professional drain cleaning now, you reduce the risk of any long-term plumbing damage or expensive repairs in the future.
For top-rated drain cleaning services, contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of San Antonio. You can find us by calling 210-876-1629!