Plumber Tips From bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio | Cibolo, TX
Plumbing problems can be overwhelming and stressful. Some of them may even cost you a fortune in repairs and restorations. Thankfully, there are things you can do to protect your plumbing. This article will talk about helpful plumbing tips to avoid expensive repairs and replacements. If you’re already having issues with your plumbing, please contact a licensed plumber in Cibolo, TX, today.
- Chemical-based drain cleaners are harmful to your drains. These heavily advertised cleaners don’t only pose health risks, but they can also damage your pipes. Contact a licensed plumber for professional drain cleaning instead. Professionals are equipped with the right tools and equipment to help them properly diagnose and permanently resolve drain problems. Please contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio if you have slow or clogged drains. We have drain cameras that let us see what obstructs water flow and hydro jetters to clean the pipe walls effectively. Talk to us so we can check the problem and recommend the best solutions.
- To avoid flooding in the basement during a heavy storm, make sure that you test the sump pump first. Pour water into the sump pit, enough to turn on the pump. Contact a plumber in Cibolo, TX, when the sump pump doesn’t work. Also, we suggest that you purchase backup batteries in case the power goes out during the storm. You can maintain the efficiency of your sump pump by periodically checking it for any wear and tear, and repairing the damaged parts. Contact a professional if you suspect there might be something wrong with the device so they can help you resolve the problem.
- Major plumbing repairs and installations require the services of a licensed plumber. Professionals adhere to code and can give you guarantees. Also, they are equipped with everything they need to properly carry out the job. Call them if you’re planning to install a new water heater, repair a pipe leak or professionally clean your drains. For minor plumbing repairs, homeowners must wear protective clothing and use the right equipment to avoid injuries and accidents. Wear gloves, especially if you’re dealing with harmful chemicals. If you’re not confident that you can get the job done right the first time, we recommend contacting a professional plumber instead. Licensed professionals are highly trained and experienced in tackling plumbing jobs, big or small. It’s the only way to make sure the problem is resolved permanently. Talk to us at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio and we are more than happy to walk you through the entire process. We can help with any major plumbing work from repairing the sewer pipes to helping you install a new plumbing appliance.
- As much as possible, don’t hire an unlicensed plumber for any repair or installation work. While they may offer their services at a much lower price, you don’t get a guarantee of a job well done. To avoid problems, contact a licensed plumber in Cibolo, TX, instead. There are some risks involved in hiring unlicensed plumbers to perform major plumbing installations. For example, some manufacturers require that you only hire professionals to install an appliance, or your warranty may be voided. A warranty is a guarantee from the manufacturer to either replace or repair damaged units. When it’s voided, you will have no choice but to pay for the repairs or replacements. bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio is an established plumbing company that only employs licensed and experienced professionals who are highly trained to install any plumbing appliance. Contact us instead, and we’ll quickly dispatch a plumber to your location as soon as possible. We can install any plumbing appliance or fixture.
- Do you have a conventional water heater installed? Flush out the sediment buildup at least once a year to maintain the efficiency of your unit. If your water heater is more than 7 or 10 years old, consider replacing it with a tankless water heater to save energy and money in the long run. Tankless water heaters last twice as long and require little maintenance. You also don’t need a bigger space with the tankless water heater as you can mount them on the bathroom wall. Most importantly, only work with a licensed plumber in Cibolo, TX, to ensure the proper installation of your tankless water heater.
- As a homeowner, you must know the location of the shut-off valves. When there are leaks, the first thing you need to do is turn the device off to avoid flooding. Next is to contact a licensed plumber in your area. If you have several appliances, we recommend you install several shut-off valves. Place them near your water heater, garbage disposal, dishwasher and washing machine. Contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio for the installation of these devices.
- It’s crucial to insulate the pipes, especially when the temperature starts dropping. Otherwise, the water inside them can freeze, and the pipes can burst. You can avoid costly repairs and replacements by protecting the pipes with an insulating blanket. We suggest you also slightly open the faucet so that warm water can flow through the pipes and avoid freezing. Additionally, open the cabinets underneath the sink so that warm air can also circulate there. If you have an old water heater, we suggest that you also insulate them to avoid energy loss. If you have other problems, please don’t hesitate to contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio today! We are available 24/7 to cater to everyone, especially those needing emergency services.
- You need to be careful with hidden leaks as they can gradually damage your home. In addition, they can cost you thousands of dollars in repairs and restorations when you fail to address them promptly. Signs of hidden leaks include skyrocketing water bills, mold growth, unpleasant odors, low water pressure, and damaged ceilings or walls. Contact a professional immediately for an inspection. Doing a water meter test can help you determine if there might be leaks in your plumbing. All you need to do is check the water meter and note the reading. Then, turn off your water and make sure no one uses the tap or shower. Do another water meter test after 30 minutes and compare the current reading with the previous reading. There is a leak in your plumbing when the readings are different. We suggest you call a professional right away to help you resolve the issue.
- Leak detection devices can help detect leaks in your plumbing. These devices can then alert you and automatically shut off the water supply to prevent further damage. Talk to us if you want to know more about leak detection devices or when you’re ready to install these for your home.
- Garbage disposals can help you manage food waste. However, ensure that you know how to use them properly. Regularly clean your appliance to maintain its efficiency and avoid overloading it as that can damage the unit’s motor. Break down large food particles before putting them in the garbage disposal and always hire a licensed plumber in Cibolo, TX, for repairs or installations.
- The first thing you need to do if you suspect a gas leak is to open the windows and doors for proper ventilation. Next, contact a licensed professional in your area to help you resolve the problem. Please don’t attempt to repair it on your own to avoid injuries or accidents.
- Get a water pressure gauge if the water pressure in your home is higher than 60 PSI. The normal range is between 40 and 60 PSI. The gauge can help regulate your home’s water pressure and prevent leaks. You can get this device at your local hardware store, or you may contact one of our plumbers for assistance.
- When you’re buying a new plumbing device or appliance you haven’t tried using in the past, please make sure that you read the manual first before using it for the first time. Contact the manufacturer if you have questions about the product. Always hire a licensed plumber for the proper installation and to avoid future problems with your unit.
- Regular plumbing inspections can help check for plumbing problems that might cost you a fortune in repairs. The plumber will check your plumbing appliances and fixtures during the appointment to make sure they are in top shape. These will resolve any issues that may come up during the inspection. Please don’t ignore this as it can save you money in repairs and replacements.
- Install strainers in your laundry, bathroom, and the kitchen sink to prevent drain clogs. These fixtures can catch dirt, food, hair, and other debris that can cause problems with your sink. However, make sure that you regularly clean them to prevent unpleasant smells in your sinks.
- Consider replacing your rubber washing machine hoses with stainless steel. The latter is less susceptible to wear and tear. They also last longer than rubber hoses. The only downside is that they cost more than their counterparts. For installation, please make sure to only work with a licensed plumber in Cibolo, TX.
- If you’re going away on vacation, make sure everything is dry. Check the sump pump if it works. Consider draining your water heater. Check all of your appliances and fixtures for any signs of leaks, and contact a professional immediately. If possible, hire a plumber to help you properly inspect your plumbing system and this is where bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio comes in — our team of plumbers are highly skilled and competent. We will thoroughly inspect your home and address problems that may come up.
- A running toilet can waste hundreds of gallons of water when not addressed immediately. When the toilet doesn’t stop running, please immediately get in touch with a professional to help you repair the issue. To test for a toilet leak, drop food coloring in the toilet tank. Check the toilet bowl after 15 to 30 minutes. There is a leak in the toilet when the water in the toilet bowl changes colors.
- Only work with an established plumbing company that offers a wide range of plumbing services to homeowners and businesses. Also, ensure that they offer emergency services because this service might come in handy. At bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio, there’s no plumbing problem we can’t fix. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re having issues with your water heater or pipes, and we’ll help you resolve them promptly.
- As much as possible, avoid DIY plumbing repairs and installations. YouTube videos may be helpful, but they may not provide you with the information you need. You can prevent problems down the line by calling a professional instead. Should you decide to work on your own plumbing, make sure that you only use the proper tools and equipment. Get the essential plumbing tools, at least like the plunger or a drain snake, to help you get rid of a stubborn clog.
Contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio Today!
Do you need a plumber in Cibolo, TX? Please don’t hesitate to contact bluefrog Plumbing today + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio! We are an established plumbing company fully committed to providing exceptional services to all homeowners and businesses. bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio is available 24/7 to cater to everyone needing emergency services. We can help with any plumbing installations, repairs, and maintenance.
At bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio, rest assured that you’re getting the right solutions. We have a team of professionals highly trained and experienced with any plumbing-related issue. Whether you’re having problems with a burst pipe or a clogged drain, we can help. We are the only plumbing experts you need in the area! So what are you waiting for? Contact us today for an appointment!