Tankless water heaters are also called on-demand water heaters for they provide hot water only as needed. They are the best option for homeowners who want to conserve energy and save money. However, they can also malfunction especially when poorly installed and not properly maintained. In this article, we’ll talk about signs it’s time to call a plumber in San Antonio, TX, for tankless water heater repair and how to choose the right water heater for your home.
Signs You Need Repair Service
Call a plumber in San Antonio, TX, for tankless water heater repair if you notice any of the signs described below:
Tankless water heaters:
Inconsistent Water Pressure
While the tankless water heater doesn’t require a lot of maintenance, you do still need to properly care for your unit. Sediment can accumulate inside your water heater especially when there’s high concentration of hard water in your plumbing. This can lead to inconsistencies with your water pressure. We suggest calling a plumber for tankless water heater repair. Low water pressure also indicates a leak in your plumbing. You may need more than just tankless water heater repair when there are other issues with your plumbing system.
The Unit Suddenly Shuts Off
Get professional installation if you’re buying a new water heater. Poor installation can lead to a costly tankless water heater repair. When your unit suddenly shuts off, this could be due to installation problem or an issue with your unit’s heating element. You need to contact a plumber in San Antonio, TX, for a tankless water heater repair.
When choosing a plumber, make sure he’s licensed and highly skilled to resolve any problem, big or small. Our plumbers at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio are quite experienced with all types of water heaters. We never cut corners when it comes to tankless water heater repairs. Our team of licensed plumbers will make sure the problem is promptly resolved.
You Run Out of Hot Water
The good thing about a tankless water heater is that you almost never run out of hot water. However, you do need to get the right size. Otherwise, you will likely run out of hot water. Get in touch with a plumber today so we can help you make an informed decision on which tankless water heater is best for your household. For other issues with your unit, contact us for a tankless water heater repair.
If you see a pool of water near your unit, contact a plumber for tankless water heater repair. Contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio so that our plumbers can thoroughly inspect your unit, diagnose the problem, and provide with you the most cost-effective solutions.
Tank-type water heaters:
No Hot Water
One of the problems associated with having a tank-type water heater is that you may run out of hot water especially when you don’t remove the sediment accumulating at the bottom of the tank, leaving less space for hot water. Consider switching to tankless water heaters so you don’t run out of hot water. Tankless water heaters last longer and are more energy-efficient. But you will need professional installation to ensure the unit is properly installed. Poor installation can lead to a costly tankless.
Water Heater Is More Than 10 Years Old
A tank-type water heater can last up to 10 years but may no longer be that efficient if not properly maintained. If your water heater is more than seven years old and you keep calling for tanklesss, we suggest getting a new replacement. Switch to tankless water heaters if you want a unit that lasts longer. Tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years. Just make sure you get professional installation to avoid a costly tankless water heater repair.
Does the water look rusty? That’s one of the signs that you need water heater repair. The water heater tank is equipped with a coating that can slow down corrosion but this can wear out over time. Rust can form by then. Consider flushing your water heater first as this could just be the sediment buildup. If it doesn’t correct the problem, we suggest getting it repaired instead. Call a licensed plumber only if you need water heater repair.
If you have an old water heater, consider switching to the tankless version because it lasts longer and you can save more money. Just make sure to get professional installation in San Antonio, TX, to avoid a costly tankless water heater repair.
Check your thermostat as that might be the issue. If it doesn’t correct the problem, you may want to contact a plumber instead. Our plumbers will thoroughly inspect your water heater, diagnose the problem and provide you with the best plumbing solutions. If your unit’s heating element is damaged, you will have an even bigger problem with the unit. Noises coming from the unit also indicates an issue with the heating element. Don’t worry, our plumbers can advise you on whether or not it’s better to get a new unit.
Should you decide to get a new water heater, consider switching to the tankless version. It lasts longer and you get to save more money. Just make sure to get professional installation to avoid a costly tankless water heater repair.
It’s never a good sign to see pooling water near your water heater as that indicates a leak. If the leaks come from the pipes, you will need to contact a plumber in San Antonio, TX, for repair. However, if it’s coming from the tank itself, you will have no choice but to completely replace your unit.
Leaks from the water heater tank usually occur when the homeowner fails to remove the sediment buildup. As part of maintenance, you will have to flush the water from the water heater at least once a year to get rid of the mineral buildup. You may have to do this more than once if you have a high concentration of hard water in your plumbing. If you need further assistance, call one of our plumbers in San Antonio, TX, so we can help.
Some homeowners don’t want to worry about water heater leaks so they decide to switch to tankless water heaters. You get to save more money with the tankless version because there’s no standby heat loss. But make sure to get professional installation to avoid tankless water heater repairs.
How to Choose a Tankless Water Heater
Are you planning to purchase a tankless water heater? Use the tips below to help you find the right water heater and hire a licensed plumber in San Antonio, TX, for installation to avoid tankless water heater repair.
- Get the right water heater size for your household. You will need to find out how many appliances you’ll be using simultaneously and add the flow rates of all the appliances. The sum is the flow rate you’ll need for your water heater. If you need assistance, feel free to contact a plumber.
- Know if you want an electric water heater or a gas-type water heater. If you want a more affordable option, consider buying gas water heaters instead. However, make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, for safety purposes. In addition, if you prefer gas, it would be cheaper when you already have gas supply lines available in your home. Otherwise, consider buying an electric water heater. If you need more information on this, please contact a plumber for assistance.
- Buy an energy-efficient water heater if you want to save more money. When shopping for new water heaters, check the EF or energy factor rating to determine how energy-efficient the water heater is. The higher the number, the more efficient the water heater is.
- When installing a new unit, please make sure you’re hiring a certified plumber. You’re also not allowed to hire an unlicensed plumber when you’re installing a gas-powered device. Contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio if you need help with water heater installation. Our team of skilled plumbers can install any type of water heater. Simply call us at your earliest convenience and we’ll send someone to your location ASAP. Also, we can help you choose the right water heater for your home. Just talk to us, tell us what your needs are, and we’ll help you determine the right water heater suitable for your needs.
- Do you want to maximize energy savings? Consider insulating all exposed plumbing pipes in your home. Protecting them doesn’t only conserve energy, you get to also avoid costly plumbing emergencies. When pipes are exposed and the temperature reaches below zero, the water inside them will freeze and this can lead to your plumbing pipes bursting. You’ll have an even bigger problem when this happens.
- If there’s a high concentration of hard water in your plumbing, we suggest you install a water softener. A water softener is a filtration system that softens your water. Talk to one of our plumbers if you need more information about this whole-house filtration system.
- Choose a tankless water heater with a longer warranty especially when you have hard water. You’ll need it to cover tankless water heater repair costs.
- Tankless water heaters also require some maintenance. For an electric water heater, simply clean the water inlet regularly. Gas units need proper cleaning as well as professional inspection. Contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio for this.
Compared to the standard water heater, tankless water heaters have no standby heat loss, making them the most energy-efficient option. This is because you only consume energy as you turn on the tap or shower. You’re not using energy if you don’t use the shower or the faucet. Also, this type of water heater doesn’t take up a lot of space. With the conventional water heater, you’ll need to have a bigger space in the basement for it. For the tankless water heater, you can just install it on the bathroom wall. Although they are pretty easy to install, we still recommend you contact a licensed plumber.
So long as you have the right water heater size, you’ll never run out of hot water when you buy the tankless version. It also lasts longer — about 20 years. This means you won’t have to keep buying a new unit every 10 years. To extend its lifespan and reduce the need for tankless water heater repair, get a regular plumbing inspection so that the rest of your plumbing is also inspected. And as mentioned, please only hire a trusted and reliable plumbing company when it comes to the installation of your new unit. Do you have further questions? Please don’t hesitate to call us today.
Why Choose bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio
You must only hire a licensed plumber when it comes to tankless water heater repair or installation. Don’t attempt to do repairs on your own as you might end up damaging the unit. A licensed plumber is equipped with the right training and experience to properly repair your tankless unit.
Choose bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio if you need tankless water heater repair. We’re fully equipped which means you don’t need to purchase tools or equipment to complete the job. Unlicensed plumbers may not have everything they need to do repairs and you’ll end up buying these tools which will cost you more.
bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio has been helping out homeowners and businesses in the area. Our goal is to ensure all problems are resolved promptly. We’ll never stop until we fix the issue. Rest assured, we go the extra mile so you’re completely satisfied with our services. Do you need tankless water heater repair today? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Call us today for an appointment.