Your drains work pretty hard every day to keep your San Antonio, TX home plumbing system working properly. From draining water used to wash dishes in the kitchen; the hair, soap, grime, and dirty water from the shower, to the mess you have to wash down after cleaning your hands post-gardening, your drains can take a lot.
At bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio we are dedicated to ensuring you don’t have to go through a rough day. You can count on our Drain Cleaning Service to make sure your drains are cleaned thoroughly to prevent slow drainage or severe clogs.
Our experienced team shares why routine drain cleaning is essential and what to expect from our professional Drain Cleaning Service.
How Often Should You Clean Your Drains?
The general rule of thumb is to get your drain cleaned every one to two years. However, this can vary depending on the number of people living in your home, how big the house is, the type of pipes used, and how well they are cleaned during routine maintenance.
Typically, several factors can cause clogged drains. Some of the biggest culprits of clogged drains include:
- Dirt, fats, debris and other organic debris
- Hair and animal fur
- Food Waste
- Mineral Buildup
- Soap residue and scum
- Cat Litter
- Toilet Paper Buildup
- Small Objects that may be accidentally flushed down your drain.
- Tree roots can also cause blockage in water and sewer mains.
How Can You Tell If You Need Drain Cleaning?
Here are several common signs that indicate it’s time for drain cleaning:
- Slow Draining – When water takes longer than usual to go down the drain, it could be a sign that you need Drain Cleaning Services. Over time, hair, soap scum, food particles and other debris accumulate to form a clog that makes it harder for water to pass through.
- Clogs – If your drains are clogged, it could indicate that you need a more frequent cleaning service. Clogs can become larger and more difficult to remove over time if they aren’t removed regularly.
- Bad Smells – If you notice a terrible smell coming from the drains in your bathroom or kitchen, this could be a sign of a drain problem. You can use drain cleaners or pour boiling water down the drain to get rid of the smell on your own, but this is often just temporary. You need a Drain Cleaning Service to determine if the odor is caused by debris in the pipes or something more severe like sewage backing up into your home’s plumbing system.
- Water Damage – You may notice water stains or mildew on the walls when you have had a plumbing issue in your San Antonio, TX home. If you do see any of these signs of water damage, it is vital to call a plumber as soon as possible to determine if there is something wrong with your plumbing pipes or if the problem is due to something that can be fixed easily.
- Leaking Faucets – Leaking faucets could indicate a problem with the pipes in your home. Make sure to contact a plumber as soon as possible so they can fix the issue before it gets worse and causes more damage to your home.
- Sudden Leaks – If you have never had a leaky pipe in your home before, and suddenly one starts to leak, this could indicate a more significant issue with the pipes in your home. The best thing you can do if this happens is to call a plumber right away so they can come out and fix the problem.
- Unusual Sounds – It’s best to contact a plumber in San Antonio, TX, right away if you hear a sound coming from your plumbing pipes. The best way to tell if you hear a plumbing noise is to listen carefully while someone flushes a toilet in your home or when you run the water in your sink. If you hear an unusual sound coming from the pipes, this could signify something wrong and that you need Drain Cleaning Service right away.
- Pooling Water – It may be time for a plumber to come and look at your pipes if you notice water pooling at the bottom of your bathtub. This pooling water may be due to something as simple as air bubbles collecting in your plumbing system, or it could be due to more severe problems with your pipes or drains.
Benefits of Drain Cleaning
Regularly Drain Cleaning Service can help keep your plumbing system in good working order. It helps prevent drain clogs and keeps your drains running smoothly for years. If you’re having problems with slow draining or notice that your drains are clogged more frequently, cleaning your drains is an essential step in preventing more extensive problems from happening down the road.
5 key benefits of Drain Cleaning Service include:
- It reduces the risk of blockages caused by buildup from caked-on dirt, grime, and debris. If this problem is left unattended, it can quickly result in clogged drains, slow drainage, or even cause cracks in the drain.
- Drain Cleaning Service helps reduce odors from food particles and waste trapped in the drain. They cause a buildup of bacteria and mold to grow that cause radiation of bad smell throughout your entire home.
- Having a professional check your plumbing system on a regular basis can help you spot problem areas well before they become major plumbing emergencies. That enables you to save on repairs and prevent run downtime.
- Bugs and bacteria can live in dirty drains. Drain cleaning helps eliminate these perils and prevent them from circulating in your home and affecting the indoor air quality.
- Not only does regular Drain Cleaning Service help reduce repairs, but it also helps prolong the lifespan of your drains.
Trust the Best in the Business
A clogged drain can cause damage to your home’s foundation and septic system by adding pressure from the trapped water. It also puts stress on your plumbing pipes and sewer lines, which could eventually cause them to break or collapse altogether.
If you are experiencing any issues with your drains, contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio today!