The Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
Everyone wants an endless supply of hot water, additional storage space, and reduced energy costs each month. Most of all, homeowners don’t want to suffer through cold showers. You don’t necessarily need to install a new water heater to reap all of these benefits.
With a tankless model, you’re looking at increased upfront costs; installation and the system itself are expensive. Still, according to the U.S. Department of Energy, estimates indicate a tankless hot water heater can save up to 34 percent on monthly energy use.
So, should you make the switch?
Is Tankless Right for You?
Before you make your final decision, consider the following:
- Do you want a hot water heater for a single room or the entire home?
- Do you know what type of hot water heater you would like most? Electric, gas-fired, or other?
- Do you want a hot water heater that will last more than 20 years?
- Do you know a hot water heater technician who can provide expert installation and year-round maintenance?
Depending on how you answered these questions, you might be closer than you think to a tankless hot water heater.
Tankless Water Heater Benefits
Let’s explore the benefits of a tankless hot water heater. Although the upfront cost is high, the number of benefits you receive over time is impressive.
- A tankless water heater offers superior energy efficiency, thereby saving you more money per month than a conventional water heater would.
- A tankless water heater has a longer lifespan thank a regular heater – nearly twice as long at over 20 years with thorough maintenance.
- These modern units require less space in your home, meaning you have more room for storage or other appliances.
- You’ll enjoy unlimited hot water throughout the house when you need it most. When you turn on the faucet or shower, you’ll be greeted by hot water almost immediately, unlike a conventional hot water heater that takes time to fire up.
- You’ll have enough hot water everywhere for multiple showers, numerous appliances, and daily cleaning.
Tankless Water Heater Disadvantages
It would be foolish to completely ignore any disadvantages a tankless hot water heater comes with alongside its benefits. Fortunately, there are very few disadvantages to going tankless.
Today’s tankless water heater units do have a higher purchase cost compared to conventional hot water heaters. Additionally, installation is often more expensive, especially with retrofitting included in the total cost.
To offset the total cost, you can always wait for local plumbing services to offer deals on tankless water heaters.
For instance, here at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of San Antonio, we are currently offering a “try before you buy” package on our tankless water heaters. You can enjoy a brand new tankless water heater with financing available. If you love the new system, let us know. We’ll arrange for you to keep the brand-new hot water heater without any hassle.
Please call 210-876-1629 for more information on this offer and to schedule tankless hot water heater services today!