Do You Really Need A Tap Water Filtration System?
The history surrounding modern water filters is tied to the actual history of water itself. As we have grown as a civilization, and as our industry bloomed across the world, our water has become more contaminated over time. A growing need to filter contaminants and pests from the water quickly arose. Manufacturers answered the call. Are water filtration systems truly necessary, though?
Our drinking supply is rampant with impurities and our physiological need for water – fresh, clean water – requires a solution. Historians believe that humanity began using some form of water filtration over 4,000 years ago. The earliest recorded usage was around 2000 b.c.e. Hippocrates believed fresh tasting water meant cleanliness and purity. Today, we expect such benefits from our water supply.
It makes sense that the technology has improved so substantially over all this time. Now, so many years later, over 63 million Americans are exposed to unsafe drinking water. That is nearly one-fifth of our country’s population. More homeowners are turning to water filtration systems, thankfully.
Water Filtration Benefits
With so many households turning to water filtration, the benefits must be clear-cut, right? They indeed are.
• Water filters offer everyone better tasting and smelling drinking water by removing chlorine and contaminants.
• Water filters can reduce the risk of rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer.
• Drinking clean water protects our body from disease and leads to improved health.
• Water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by over 33 percent.
• Children especially receive benefits from water filters, which help them develop healthier immune systems.
To schedule water filtration services, contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of San Antonio by calling 210-876-1629. We will help your home achieve a cleaner, healthier drinking water promptly!