Photo By uduhunt at Shutterstock
Noticing water slowly draining out of your Cibolo, TX kitchen sink will probably have you reaching for some drain cleaning chemicals. How easy can it be to just pour the chemicals down the sink Presto! The water is running freely again. If it were only that simple.
The chemicals may be causing more harm than good. Strong chemicals will corrode older pipework and joints creating a leak. What if the blockage is located far from the sink, those chemicals are going to reach it? Probably not!
The safest way to deal with any blockages is to contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of San Antonio for a professional drain cleaning service. Our technicians have the experience and the equipment not only to resolve the problem but to discover the underlying cause and prevent it from happening again.
When Do You Need a Drain Cleaning Service?
Having a technician from bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of San Antonio serving Cibolo, TX performs a regular service on your plumbing system is the best way to avoid any future problems. Small problems will be detected and remedied before they become troublesome. To help you keep your drains running smoothly.
Here are some signs to be on the lookout for that you need a professional drain cleaning:
- Water is slowly emptying from your drains – Once a clog forms in your drainpipe, it will restrict the flow of water. As it grows the water in your kitchen sink or bathtub will take longer and longer to drain away.
- You have standing water in your sink – If you ignore the problem and allow the clog to keep growing, your drainpipe will completely block. You will now need a professional drain cleaning service to safely remove the clog.
- Discolored water backing up into your sink or toilet – Standing water in your sink is bad enough but if you see brown water backing up together with the smell of sewage, you have a more serious problem on your hands. This is a sign that your sewer line is blocked or damaged. The wastewater cannot exit your home to the main sewer network.
- That brown stuff that is backing up is bits of human waste – This is a health hazard, and you need professional help from bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of San Antonio and a drain cleaning service. We utilize special video cameras on the end of flexible tubing, so one of the technicians can locate and assess the extent of the problem.
- For a blockage – We could use high-powered jets of water to clear the problem, but if the sewer line is damaged other solutions will need to be considered. You will be informed at every stage of the operation and given the facts with full transparency so you can make an informed decision as to the next course of action.
- Those clogs keep coming back – if you have tried chemicals before you may have had some initial success, only to discover that those clogs keep returning. This is a problem in an area with hard water. There is a high level of minerals in this type of water and these minerals can form layers of insoluble scale, which can prove difficult to remove. Some clogs are deep down within the plumbing network and store-bought chemicals are not going to reach these blockages.
- A drain cleaning service is still the safest way to remove these clogs without damaging your pipes – However, a long-term solution to removing the scale is by having a water softener installed or to descale your plumbing system at least once a year.
- You hear gurgling noises – The source of these noises is when water flows over the clogs and creates small air bubbles. The sound will disappear once you have had a professional drain cleaning service.
- Your toilet is blocked – Again most people will reach for some chemicals to clear the blockage and again you will run the same risk of corroding your pipework. Another common practice is to keep flushing the toilet in the hope that this will remove the blockage. This may work for a small blockage, but the most likely outcome is that your toilet will overflow.
Please call bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of San Antonio for an affordable drain cleaning service before this happens.
How Do You Prevent These Problems from Happening in the First Place?
By taking a few simple precautions, you can prevent many of these problems from occurring:
- Be careful what you pour down a sink – When you pour warm grease and food down your sink, they will stick to the insides of the drainpipes. Other materials will attach themselves and the clog will grow. Putting grease and food waste in the compost will slow down the rate at which clogs are formed.
- Use hair traps in your bath and shower tray – Hair, soap, and toothpaste are the main ingredients for a clog in the bathroom. A hair trap will catch these items before they enter your drainpipe. It may be a good idea to have food traps in your kitchen sink as well.
- Be careful what you flush down the toilet – We have all done it, flushed hair, dirt, tissues, cat litter, sanitary products, and cigarette butts down the toilet. Items like this are not designed to dissolve easily in water and if not disposed of properly, it will cause a blockage. The only items you should flush down the toilet are water, human waste, toilet tissue, and occasionally some gentle cleaners.
- Repeatedly flushing your toilet is unlikely to clear a blockage – All you are likely to achieve is your toilet overflowing. The last thing you want to do is to clean up all that mess. Leave this job to the technicians at bluefrog Plumbing who are equipped with protective clothing to keep them safe from germs and bacteria.
bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of San Antonio the Drain Cleaning Service Experts in Cibolo, TX
A blocked toilet or drain will usually occur at the most inconvenient times. bluefrog has technicians available 24/7 for all your plumbing emergencies. A blocked and overflowing toilet is a stressful business, and you need a professional around quickly to sort the problem out for you. We have many years of experience in providing professional plumbing and drain cleaning services. But whatever your plumbing needs please call us today!