Photo By John T Takai at Shutterstock
An emergency plumber is a plumber equipped with the right training and skills to resolve emergency plumbing situations. To ensure that you get the emergency service you need, please make sure that the plumbing company offers 24/7 emergency service. Because you never know when you would need to call the services of an emergency plumber in Universal City, TX. So it’s always better when they are available all the time.
Emergency Plumbing Problems That Need Emergency Services
While we recommend that you don’t ignore plumbing issues, not all of them are emergency situations. Below are some of the most common plumbing emergencies in homes. At bluefrog Plumbing, we go the extra mile to ensure that all homeowners and businesses get the emergency services they need.
Below are some of the most common emergency plumbing problems:
You need to call an emergency plumber when there is a leak in your plumbing and your home is flooding.
Thankfully, most plumbing emergencies can be avoided. You can avoid costly repairs so long as the homeowner is careful with their plumbing and regularly maintains them.
A few tips to prevent leaks in your plumbing:
- During winter, please ensure that your pipes are well-protected. You can get affordable plumbing insulation for your pipes and outdoor plumbing. Better yet, consider slightly opening your faucets so that warm water can flow through the pipes. You would want to avoid freezing water inside the pipes as that could lead to pipes bursting. Remember, water damage can be costly as you’ll be paying for repairs and home restorations. Please avoid this at all costs. If you need further assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional in Universal City, TX.
- Flush out the sediment buildup in your water heater and you need to do this at least once a year. It depends on the concentration of hard water in your plumbing — in some cases, you may have to flush out the mineral buildup twice a year. Consider talking to a plumber in Universal City, TX, for advice. Please don’t ignore this as the build-up can affect the efficiency of your water heater. Your unit will only work harder and this leads to higher energy consumption. You’ll pay more money for your electricity bills when you don’t care for your water heater. Don’t wait until it’s too late or until you can no longer flush out the sediment buildup because of a leak in the water heater tank. When this happens, you will have no choice but to completely replace your water heater, and this will cost you more money down the road. If you still have an old unit that’s more than seven years old, we highly suggest that you consider replacing them with a new one. As much as possible, go with the tankless version especially if you want to avoid leaks in your plumbing. Tankless water heaters can also help you conserve more energy and save money. You won’t run out of hot water so long as you have the right size. Contact one of our professionals to help you make an informed decision on what water heater to purchase for your home.
- Install leak detection devices. These are your friends especially when you want to avoid costly water damage. Place them near your water heater, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and washing machine. Leak detection devices will alert you if there are leaks in your plumbing. They can also automatically shut off the main water supply to prevent water damage. For installation, please ensure that you only hire a licensed professional in your area.
- Contact a licensed plumber for a professional drain cleaning service. In addition to regular weekly cleaning of your drains, we recommend that you get them professionally cleaned to ensure that your pipes are clean and healthy. When cleaning, please make sure that you avoid chemical-based drain cleaners as they can be harmful to your pipes. Slow drains are usually the first sign of a major clog. And the latter is a plumbing emergency but definitely can be avoided. For slow drains, contact a professional right away for assistance. Remember, clogged drains don’t just lead to costly plumbing emergencies, they can also lead to other plumbing problems such as smelly drains, pest infestations, leaks, and pipe damage.
- Periodically check your plumbing for wear and tear. Please do this regularly and if you suspect there might be issues, please contact a professional immediately. Minor plumbing problems may not seem harmful, but they can be especially when you ignore them. As much as possible, work with a licensed professional only for your plumbing repairs, installations, or maintenance. Otherwise, your water damage claim may not be approved.
We all need water at home. When nothing comes out of your faucet or shower, it definitely calls for emergency service. However, before calling a plumber, check with your utility company first as the problem might be on their end. If it’s all good on their side, then it’s time to contact an emergency plumber in your area.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to bluefrog Plumbing when you suddenly don’t have water in your home. As soon as you call us, we’ll quickly dispatch a professional to your home. Our plumbers will thoroughly inspect your plumbing and find out why you don’t have water. Don’t worry, we’ll do our best to help you resolve the problem on the same day.
As mentioned earlier in the article, ensure that your plumbing pipes are insulated especially during winter. Because when the water reaches below zero, the water inside your pipes can freeze, and that will cause the pipes to expand and burst. Corrosion in the pipes can also lead to pipes bursting. Both are plumbing emergencies that should be addressed immediately.
When the ceilings sag, there is highly likely a leak in your plumbing. Please don’t wait until the ceilings collapse, make sure that you get in touch with an emergency plumber in Universal City, TX, right away to resolve this problem.
The last thing you want in your home is an overflowing toilet because it’s unsanitary and smelly. This usually happens when there is a clog in the toilet. Fix this by calling an emergency plumber in your area.
You can avoid a toilet clog by flushing only human waste in the toilet. If there are children in your household, make sure they are aware of how to properly care for your toilet. Toys, food, and other debris must go to the trash, and not to the toilet bowl.
Water Heater Leaks
Contact one of our plumbers if your water heater leaks. We’ll first inspect if the leak is coming from the tank or you will have no choice but to completely replace the tank. You can avoid this by flushing the sediment buildup at least once a year.
Broken Washing Machine Hoses
It will be a disaster when your laundry room is on the second floor of your home and the washing machine hose is broken. You can avoid this by making sure that you only hire a licensed professional in Universal City, TX, for installation. Poor installation can also lead to frequent repairs and replacements.
You can also consider replacing your rubber washing machine hoses with stainless steel braided hoses. The latter is more susceptible to damage. They also last a lot longer than rubber washing machine hoses. If you can’t decide which type of hose to purchase for your home, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us anytime.
A sump pump is a device that can prevent flooding in the basement. They have to be well maintained so that they always work. Always test them first and get some replacement batteries for emergencies. When they suddenly malfunction and there is a storm coming, you definitely need to contact an emergency plumber in your area. Don’t worry; bluefrog Plumbing is available 24/7. You can call us during lunch or in the wee hours of the morning and we’ll respond to your emergency call asap.
You would want to avoid this if you want to avoid wasting hundreds of gallons of water. Signs to look out for include frequent clogs, sewage-like odors from the drains or bubbling drains. Please make sure that you contact us right away so we can inspect your plumbing and provide assistance.
How to Tell the Pipes Are Damaged
Plumbing emergencies usually don’t happen overnight. They occur when the homeowner neglects their plumbing. To avoid burst pipes, it’s important to know whether your pipes are showing signs of wear & tear. Over time, your plumbing pipes can break down and leak, especially when you don’t perform regular plumbing maintenance. Hidden leaks can also lead to a disaster. Periodically check them for any signs of a problem and make sure that you contact a professional in Universal City, TX, for an inspection. You can really save money with routine maintenance as this service prevents costly plumbing repairs.
To check for the health of your pipes, fill your bathtub with water and check the color. If it’s yellowish, then your plumbing pipes could be rusting. High water pressure can also severely damage your pipes so make sure that you avoid this too. Homeowners in older homes may still have galvanized pipes that are more susceptible to corrosion. Please contact a professional for an inspection. A professional might ask you to get replacements to avoid problems down the road.
Also, be careful with leaks as they can also lead to other problems such as pest infestation in your homes. Check for moisture in the basement and crawl spaces. You need to address the problem right away or it might be too late.
How to Choose A Qualified Emergency Plumber
When it comes to plumbing emergencies, one of the most important things you need to look for is the response time. How long does it usually take them to dispatch a plumber to your location? Remember, when there is flooding, you need a plumber immediately to prevent further damage. Look for a company that is always on time and always delivers on its promises. Ensure that they can send a professional right away to your home or business.
Please reach out to bluefrog Plumbing because we offer 24/7 emergency service and we have a fast response time.
In addition to response time, go for a professional that has been practicing the profession for several years. He must have the right qualifications and training to respond to plumbing emergencies.e
Call bluefrog Plumbing because our plumbers have been in the industry for years. There are no plumbing problems we can’t fix — whether you’re having problems with the water heater or plumbing pipes, our team can surely fix that on time.
Do reviews matter? We highly think so. Before choosing a plumber, consider talking to your friends or family members and if they have experience with the plumbing company. Ask for their feedback and if they would recommend them.
Contact a Professional at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio
Do you need an emergency plumbing service for your home in Universal City, TX? You can rest assured that our team of licensed and experienced plumbers are available 24/7, always ready to help you resolve plumbing emergencies. We are a trusted and reliable plumbing company dedicated to providing top-notch and exceptional plumbing services in the area. At bluefrog Plumbing, your satisfaction is always a guarantee. Our team will never stop until you are fully satisfied with our services.
We also offer a wide range of plumbing services including water treatment services, repiping, major plumbing installations, and repairs. Just contact us at your earliest convenience, and we’ll be with you asap. Call us today for an appointment.