Photo By doomu at Shutterstock
Although tankless water heaters have existed for quite some time, it is only of late that the demand for the said appliance has boosted. People are finally seeing the differences between traditional heaters and tankless water heaters in San Antonio, TX. While a conventional heater stores water in its tank and uses a heating element to continuously heat it, so that the water is hot when you need it, a tankless water heater only heats the water when you need it.
Tankless water heaters in San Antonio, TX, as the name suggests, do not have tanks. They provide water the minute you turn on the faucet for hot water. As soon as the tap is turned opened, water is diverted from the main water source to the mechanical unit. This unit uses a gas-fueled burner top or an electrical heating element to heat the water. This allows for a continuous flow of hot water. This development in technology saves the hassle of waiting for the heater’s tank to fill before taking a shower, or worse yet, running out of hot water mid-shower.
A common tankless water heater is known to provide hot water at 3 to 5 gallons per minute. You can easily accommodate tankless water heaters in San Antonio, TX, with your existing plumbing system. They also come in a lot of varieties, so you have the liberty of choosing whichever model suits you best, according to the needs of your house.
Rewards of Using Tankless Water Heaters in San Antonio, TX
Below are some of the benefits of using tankless water heaters in your homes, as opposed to conventional heaters.
• They are well suited for small spaces.
• They are more cost-effective as compared to traditional heaters in terms of running cost.
• Their parts are easily available, which can increase the longevity of the heater.
• A long average life span (20 to 30 years).
• You do not need fancy tools or heavy machinery to install it.
• One plumbing system can accommodate multiple tankless water heaters in San Antonio, TX.
• You do not need to install new piping to connect the water heater to the plumbing system.
• Over-all, they are very cheap to run.
• They save cost by heating water only when needed, in contrast to traditional heaters that heat continuously, thus increasing the running cost.
• Tankless water heaters in San Antonio, TX provide continual water supply, no matter how much water is used. It can facilitate the whole house with hot water.
• They save up to 34% of energy as compared to traditional heaters. This is due to the fact that they only heat when necessary.
Drawbacks of Using Tankless Water Heaters in San Antonio, TX
Albeit there are numerous advantages of replacing a traditional heater with a Tankless one, there are some disadvantages that they entail, that you should be aware of in order to make a well-informed decision.
• The initial cost of buying the unit is more than that of a traditional heater.
• The cost of installing a tankless water heater is more than the installation cost of a conventional heater.
• You will need to hire professional help for the installation and maintenance of a tankless water heater.
• There are some units that do not provide an immediate supply of hot water.
• The farther the tap is from the tankless water heater, the more time it takes to get a hot water supply.
• The cost of maintaining is higher than the maintenance cost of traditional heaters.
• Tankless water heaters in San Antonio, TX clear cold water from the pipes before supplying hot water.
• If you have a large household, with greater use of hot water, you might need to install more than one unit.
• They can cause a reduced water pressure of hot water.
What You Should Ask Yourself Before Buying a Tankless Water Heater
Many people have switched from traditional heaters to tankless water heaters in San Antonio, TX, as they solve a lot of heater-related problems of a house. But you should not make the decision of buying it in haste, neither should you buy the first model that you come across. There are a lot of factors you need to keep in mind while buying a tankless water heater. You should buy a model that satisfies the needs of your household. If you do not buy one that fits your needs, you might be at a disadvantage.
Water Heater’s Size
Normally, a traditional water heater takes up a lot of space. And it requires the pipelines to be laid down accordingly. If you are replacing your traditional heater with a tankless one, and you buy a smaller-sized unit, you will have to face the additional cost of extending the pipelines. Similarly, you will have an issue fitting a larger unit into the same space. You should consult a professional plumber to help you out in this case.
Hot Water Requirements
One of the most vital things that determine which model you should purchase is the use of hot water in your house. If you consume a large amount of water, or if you have a big family, you need to buy a powerful tankless water heater that can suffice for the use of the whole family. Many times, people do not care to see the power of the unit they buy and end up having to buy more than one to provide for the whole family. You should check how much time your current heater tank takes to finish, and then buy a model accordingly.
One of the major reasons that tankless water heaters are becoming increasingly popular is that they save up on energy. They are much more energy efficient compared to traditional water heaters. That being said, each model of tankless water heater has different efficiency, and you should compare all prospective models before deciding on one. You should visit the website of the company that makes them and assess each model’s efficiency level.
One of the most important things to consider when installing a tankless water heater is its running cost. There are a lot of models available, each a bit different to the other. You should select at least three different units that satisfy your needs and then search them up on the manufacturer’s website. Find out and compare the running cost of the three and decide on the one that is most cost-effective.
Hence for all those who have had it with their traditional heaters, you should move on to tankless water heaters in San Antonio, TX. All things considered, this might be the solution to all your heater problems. For all your heater related queries, contact the best professionals in town, Bluefrog Plumbing Services. Call at 210-876-1629 to book an appointment.