4 Things To Consider Before An Air Conditioner Installation | San Antonio, TX
Air conditioning is essential to keep your home cool and comfortable during the summer. If you’re keeping your home cold with window air conditioners, you may want to consider installing central air. Central air has benefits you cannot get from window units, including:
- The air conditioner will keep every room in your house cool, while window units cool just one room.
- Central air conditioning units are permanently installed, and you must install window units at the beginning of the cooling season and remove them when the cooling season ends. Also, you won’t need to find a place to store the units when they aren’t in use.
- You’ll be able to open the windows on an unseasonably cool day because the air conditioner isn’t installed in the window.
- You can keep the doors in your home open because central air cools the entire house.
- Central air is much quieter than window units.
If you’re ready to install central air in your home, working with a professional in air conditioner installation in San Antonio, TX, is best. Several things have to be considered before you begin the project that you may not understand, and a professional can help.
#1 Your Budget
You should first create a budget to determine how much money you can afford to spend. You’ll need to include the cost of the equipment, ductwork installation or repair, and the cost of labor. You can create the budget yourself, but determining the expenses can be challenging. You can get average prices online, but if you want exact costs, a professional in air conditioner installation can help.
#2 Selecting the Equipment
There’s more to choosing the right equipment than selecting the first air conditioner that pops up during a Google search. There are a few things that you should consider, including:
- Size: If you’ve already decided where the air conditioner will be installed, you’ll need a unit that will fit in the area with plenty of space to move around. You can check the dimensions on various units online or hire a professional in air conditioner installation to find the right size unit.
- Your home’s square footage: The size of your home is essential when selecting the right air conditioner. If you choose a unit that’s too small for your home’s square footage, it will have to work harder to keep your home cool, causing your energy bills to increase. Also, the extra work can reduce the unit’s lifespan. A unit that is too large for your home will cycle too frequently, making it challenging for the air conditioner to eliminate the humidity.
Choosing the right size unit for your home can be challenging, and a professional in air conditioner installation can help.
- Energy consumption: The amount of energy the air conditioner will consume is an essential factor because the more power it consumes, the higher your energy bills will be.
You can determine the unit’s energy consumption with the EER rating. The ratings range from 8.5 to 14, and the higher the EER rating, the more energy-efficient the unit will be. Units with high EER ratings are more expensive, but you can save a significant amount of money on your energy bills throughout the unit’s lifespan.
A professional in air conditioner installation in San Antonio, TX, can help you choose a unit with a higher EER rating that will fit your budget.
- Quality: It’s best to choose a higher-quality air conditioner because it requires fewer repairs and often lasts longer than lower-quality units. High-quality units are more expensive than lower-quality units but will save you money in the long run.
An HVAC professional can help you choose a good quality unit that won’t cause you to go over budget.
Selecting a suitable unit can be challenging because there are so many things to consider, and it’s best to have a professional in air conditioner installation help you choose to ensure you install the best air conditioner for your home and budget.
Ductwork is an essential part of your air conditioning system. If there was a central air conditioning system in your home that is no longer there, the ductwork would be installed. You’ll need a professional in air conditioner installation to inspect the ducts for damage and to ensure they’re sealed to prevent the cold air from leaking from the damaged areas.
You’ll need to install ductwork if there’s never been central air in your home, and an HVAC tech can let you know the cost to install the ducts and how much time it will add to the project.
#4 Installing the Compressor
You’ll need to select an area outside your home to install the compressor, and there are factors that should be considered. First, the compressor should be installed in a shady spot, and shade is essential to prevent the sun from beating down on the unit all day, causing it to overheat. Also, the compressor should be installed in an area away from shrubs and plants because they can grow too close to the unit, causing damage to the fan.
If you can’t decide what location would be best, a professional in air conditioner installation can help.
Call bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio
If you’re ready to install central air conditioning in your San Antonio, TX home, call bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio. We’re a full-service plumbing and HVAC company, and our HVAC techs are experts in air conditioner installation. They’re professionally trained, NATE certified, and have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle all HVAC jobs, regardless of the complexity.
If you have an HVAC issue that affects your home’s temperature or could put your home and family at risk, we provide emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We’ll get a tech to your home as quickly as possible to resolve the problem.
To schedule an appointment to get the installation process started, or for any other service we provide, give bluefrog Plumbing + Drain + HVAC of San Antonio a call or book online at https://bluefrogsanantonio.com/schedule-service/.